Serves: 4-6? | Prep ⏰: 25 min | Cook ⏰: 45 min
- 1 family pack chicken cutlets (thin)
- thinly sliced provolone cheese (1½ – 2 slices per cutlet)
- 1 bunch, asparagus
- ¼ small onion sliced thin
- ¼ cup, mayonnaise (preferably Just Mayo, garlic)
- 1 pkg, baby bella mushrooms (destemmed, cleaned and sliced)
- ½ cup, dijon mustard (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ Tbs garlic powder
- Panko bread crumbs (original, no flavor)
Cookware: Medium sauté pan, medium to large glass pyrex baking dish
Preheat over to 375 degrees.
Blanche asparagus and set aside (boil for 2-3 minutes), then drain in a colander.
Sauté onions and mushrooms in the medium sauté pan, lightly coated with olive oil over low-medium heat. Drain excess oil and set aside.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper and garlic in a bowl. Also, set aside. Lay chicken cutlets on a flat surface, sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and black pepper (additional seasoning, suit to fit).
Place 1-2 slices of provolone cheese on each cutlet. Lay 2-4 asparagus (depending on cutlet size) in each piece and roll-up. Fit rolled cutlets into the glass pyrex dish (smooth side up – rolled/closed side down).
Take the mayonnaise/mustard combination and spread generously over the chicken rolls. Repeat previous step with Panko bread crumbs for each roll.
Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes (until internal temperature is 180 degrees).